Sunday, March 16, 2008
Mommy's Little Angel
I am not exaggerating when I say that Berkley spilled close to 2 ½ gallons of milk this week (not to mention that 2 different times, his sippee bounced and splashed EVERYWHERE! Both on the carpet and the tile. So I will just give you Friday's Berkley news to give you a taste of the week. 1. Berkley got out an entire loaf of bread while I was showering, broke it into bits and scattered it around the house like he was in the Hansel and Gretel story. 2. After that he went to the bathroom, and accidentally dropped the whole roll of toilet paper in. I fished it out of the poopy water, and I guess it was a good time, because then he went and did it again in another bathroom, dipping and smearing the wet toilet paper all over the mirrors and walls, leaving toilet paper bits EVERYWHERE!!! 3. While I was cleaning that up, he went downstairs, decided he needed a snack, and got out crackers. He spilled them all over the couch, and thought it would be fun to jump on them all, and mash them into the couch. 4. After my yelling uncontrollably, he decided to sooth himself with a sippee of milk while I was feeding the baby, and dropped it with the lid half on, splashing milk EVERYWHERE!!! 5. While I was cleaning that up, he wet his pants. 5. I saw him and his wet pants and the wet carpet, and cried. 6. Instead of hugging me or saying sorry, he stuck his tongue at me and ran away. OK, that is when I really lost it, called my sister and sobbed uncontrollably for an hour. After I was done with her, I called Mike and gave him the lowdown on what “his son” had done. Oh, I forgot the chocolate syrup smeared all over into my cream colored grout in the kitchen. I am not even exaggerating, and this was all within a few hours. I'll bet you're thinking, "Where were you the whole time?" Well, I can literally blink my eyes twice, and he's gone. Ask my sister-in-law Carrie, and she'll tell you all about losing him in Disneyland. It really only takes three seconds for him to vanish into thin air. Plus , I can't follow him around all day long. I have two other kids that have needs too, and other motherly responsibilities. I promise I am not watching soaps all day, eating bon-bons. I am sure I am even leaving something out. The day was THAT bad! I am happy to announce, though, that he is still alive. Needless to say, Mike went on a shopping spree at Home Depo on the way home so we could baby proof the entire house. I told Berkley that Daddy was going to lock the pantry so he couldn’t get into anything and he said, “Oh, it’s for Havanna (Savanna)”. Could he seriously believe that??? Savanna said, “Ya Berkley it’s for both of us, and then winked at me.” The child is seriously going to drive me into the “crazy house”. He is so dang cute though. How could anyone resist this face...or his lisp...or the way he wraps his little arms around me, and says,"I love you, mama". Really, at the end of the day, it is all worth it, and the rewards of being a mom outweigh the frustration by 100 times. I love this little guy, and wouldn't trade him for the world!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Okay I swear that when I got this email I was laughing so hard- just cause I COULDN'T FREAKING BELIEVE IT!! And I kept thinking, "I'm gonna tell Megan to put this on her blog... the world needs to hear this!" I'm so glad you did. I am so sorry for the hardness of it all, but someday (although it could be decades away) you will look back and die laughing when you read this.
And yes, we really do need to go out this week! Love you!
Oh, Megan, that was so horrifying and so funny all at the same time, LOL! Having boys is such an adventure, so different from starting with a sweet little girl! We're headed into the stage with Tanner and I'm terrified!!!
Wow what a day!! I'll probably be in the same boat in a couple of years, yikes!! Seriously though, he is SOO cute, I love these pictures!
That is so funny! The pictures of him are so cute and innocent, it is hard to believe he did that!
YAY!! I'm so glad to find a little boy that tops Gabriel!! By far, too. Ha! But I love your perspective on motherhood. You're so right and it's tender. You still give me hope that if you can endure these "twerps", as I call them, then I can too, and I won't rule out having more.
I didn't even know you had a third. Your kids are so beautiful. I hope Maddox is turning out to be a good baby. It's going to be fun to stay caught up with you. I love your genuineness. Love YOU!
Wow! That post had me in tears laughing because it was so funny, and in tears remembering days JUST like that. You're such a great mom. What a cute little stinker.
megan...I don't know if you will notice new comments on this post since it was a while ago. We never see each other so I don't even know if you have met my Hailey. Reading about Berkley made me laugh only because Hailey is close competition at times. I'll post some stories on my blog.
Jamie
Post a Comment