I just found the greatest cookie invention ever! The kids always want to help me when I am baking, but to be quite frank, I cannot handle flour flying everywhere, and a HUGE mess, so I found an alternative: Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets. Each package comes with 2 sheets of rolled out cookie dough and 2 packets of frosting (in two different colors). It is so fabulous, because I can give each of the kids their own sheet of dough, cookie cutters, a spatula, and a cookie sheet, and let them go to town. Pretty much all I have to do it sit back and enjoy. Ok, I'm not gonna lie, there still is a mess to clean up since Berkley is the sprinkle king, but it isn't half as bad as the alternative. We've made them three times in the past month, and the kids are still begging for more. The cookies are pretty yummy too. Here are some pictures of the kids making them. Savanna opted for pink and purple frosting spread neatly and evenly over the entire cookie, with sprinkles placed one by one. Berkley prefered a mixture of colors with mounds of sprinkles, and also rewarded himself with a few shakes of sprinkles into his mouth after finishing each cookie.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Easter Cookies
I just found the greatest cookie invention ever! The kids always want to help me when I am baking, but to be quite frank, I cannot handle flour flying everywhere, and a HUGE mess, so I found an alternative: Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets. Each package comes with 2 sheets of rolled out cookie dough and 2 packets of frosting (in two different colors). It is so fabulous, because I can give each of the kids their own sheet of dough, cookie cutters, a spatula, and a cookie sheet, and let them go to town. Pretty much all I have to do it sit back and enjoy. Ok, I'm not gonna lie, there still is a mess to clean up since Berkley is the sprinkle king, but it isn't half as bad as the alternative. We've made them three times in the past month, and the kids are still begging for more. The cookies are pretty yummy too. Here are some pictures of the kids making them. Savanna opted for pink and purple frosting spread neatly and evenly over the entire cookie, with sprinkles placed one by one. Berkley prefered a mixture of colors with mounds of sprinkles, and also rewarded himself with a few shakes of sprinkles into his mouth after finishing each cookie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great idea! We are totally going to do this, THANKS!
Oh man! I wish we could have come over and made them with you! The kids look so cute with there spatulas. I remember us making cookies all the time when we were little and mom didnt seem to mind the mess. Dont you wish you could be like that!
You guys are too cute! Looks so fun. I can't wait to have more kids so I can do fun stuff like that!!
Wanna do something this week? I need to get out- like you last week!
Post a Comment