Tuesday, March 18, 2008

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!

I know that I am crazy, because my birthday is supposed to be MY day, but St. Patrick's day is so fun for the kids, that I have to make it fun for them. The leprechaun comes to our house, and kisses the kids in their sleep with shamrocks. He leaves them a pot of gold chocolate coins, and make mischief everywhere, tipping over chairs and making messes. He also leaves leprechaun dust everywhere he's been.
When I woke Savanna up for school, she darted out of bed, and she and Berks raced down the stairs. You would have thought it was Christmas by how excited they were! They ate cereal with milk the leprechaun had dyed green, and we spray painted their hair green.
For dinner, we invited our friends, Kip and Kathryn and their kids, over for a green dinner. We had roast, green mashed potatoes, broccoli, green rolls, and green jello. Kathryn brought green cupcakes and ice-cream, so of course everyone had to sing Happy Birthday to me. We had a fun time. The kids loved the day, and even though I didn't get to do anything for ME, it was a good day. I guess that's just how it is when you are a mom. When my kids are happy, I'm happy.

8 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Whoa! So delightfully festive! I love it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So sad I missed the reunion last week :(

Jenny said...

You ARE the best mom ever! When Lilly gets older I will definately do the Leprachan thing.So fun!

Jake & Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake & Robyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You seriously have the cutest little family! What a fun mom! I love the kids green hair!!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

That is FREAKING awesome! I can't wait to have more kids, because I have SO many fun things up my sleeve!! I wish Elle was around more:(

(oh ya, in vitro again in JUNE!!!)I'm excited, but very nervous sure wish I was skinnier

Lara said...

They are so lucky to have such an awesome, selfless mom. Hope you had a good birthday!! And if not- then let's make up for it!

Andrea B said...

I wish I was one of your kids! What a fun mom-love the green hair! Happy belated b-day! We still live in the same house and I'll be so sad not to see you at the park this spring. I just went the other day for the first time as a mommy-how fun!

Andrea Nalene Rasmussen said...

I found you on this blog thing. Wow. Props on being so fun with the kids on Leprachan day.