Monday, February 4, 2008

Our Dear Prophet

I know that I am a little behind, but I had to say something about our beloved Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. Every time I heard him speak, I felt the spirit so strongly. He has been the prophet for more than half of my life, and I am so grateful. I will never forget how he spoke about his wife, Margorie, and what an example he was to the world. I am so happy for him, though, that he gets to be with his sweet wife again. This is one of my favorite Gordon B. Hinckley quotes:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us,...if we put our trust in Him, if we pray to Him, if we live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

This quote is especially meaningful to us right now in our lives, where everything seemed to fall apart all at once. Mike and I keep telling each other that we are going to be fine, and Heavenly Father will answer our prayers. I pray to Heavenly Father every night and tell him how grateful I am for our trials. I know that it could be so much worse, and that we are blessed. I am so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and to know the things that I know. I don't know where I would be in life without that precious knowledge.

1 comment:

Jaynann said...

Thank you for that! What a great quote to think of each day. I need to add that to my morning routine. I already miss him and his optimism so much!