Thursday, March 24, 2011

St. Patty's Day!!!



St. Patricks day is always a big holiday in our home because it shares my birthday! This year we spiced it up by trying to catch the leprechaun in a trap...

...see the stairs and the fuzz on the top? Berkley made this and put a gold necklace on top to lure the leprechaun in. Then he would fall through (insert evil Berkley laughter here). Berkley woke up four times during the night to check the trap (killed me!), but didn't find the gold at the bottom until morning. The leprechaun had fallen for the trap, but got out and left some gold.

In the morning, the kids woke up to green milk in the fridge, mischief and "magic sparkles" all over the house, gold coins, and some green to wear that day: all courtesy of the leprechaun we like to call "Mischief". They were also kissed with shamrocks by the leprechaun (which always makes them a little nervous to fall asleep).
Even the dog got in on the fun. He hated the get-up, but as always, was a good sport.

The thought of making the traditional Irish dinner on my birthday, made me want to cry this year, so we opted for salads at Cafe Rio with the kids. After all, it WAS my birthday! We topped the night off with "Gold at the End of a Rainbow" cupcakes. They were a first, and a nice addition to the Patty's festivities! All-in-all a great holiday and birthday. (I was so sad that I didn't get a picture of me in my beautiful birthday crown my friend, Jennifer made for me last year!)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Lilly really wanted me to leave a comment and tell you how cute she thinks Rocco looks in that hat. Seriously, all your children (including Rocco) look adorable in their green attire!

And I am totally going to make those cupcakes next year! So cute!

Kaylynne said...

That is one tricky Berkley, to fool the leprechaun, and get rewarded with a gold coin!! I remember when you were young you hated sharing your birthday with that green guy, but for the sake of your children you have made it fun for them. You are one cool mom! The children and Rocco looked adorable! The cupcakes were so fun! Happy Birthday Meggie, we love you!!

Sarah said...

you def. inspired our house to have more fun on this holiday! i love your enthusiasm for it!

Gary and Jadee said...

I thought of you on St. Patricks, really! And how did you make those cupcakes? SUPER cute!

Andrew said...

I always think about you on your birthday. (Which is saying something, because I cannot remember birthdays for the life of me.)

LOVE the cute cupcakes. I just saw this idea on the internet the other day and swore that I would have to make them sometime. What a perfect St. Patricks day birthday treat!

Blogger said...

Silver Gold Bull is your reputable silver and gold dealer. You will be provided with competitive, up-to-minute prices and they will ensure that your gold & silver is delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.