Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pirate Maddox's Third Birthday!

I can't believe he is already three!!! He is my baby, and we definitely don't treat him like he is three! When he takes naps, I tell Sav, Berk, and friends to be quiet because "the baby" is sleeping! I REALLY DO! Anyway, he is three, and I guess I need to start treating him like he is.

For Maddox's third birthday, he wanted to go to Pirate Island with his best friend, Blake, so we invited our good friends, Jim and Megan and their kids to come with us! The kids are all great friends, so they all had a blast! They put us in a pirate cove, where there were two tables, so the kids sat at their own and felt so cool! I made pirate goodie bags with chocolate pirate gold and eye patches, and pirate cupcakes that turned out pretty cute, and we ate pizza until we were stuffed.

We played arcade games 'til we dropped, and Maddox fell asleep on the way home. He has said every day since, "I am going to Pirate Island next time!" Not quite sure what that means, but I assume it means he LOVED it!

We love our little Maddox, and can't imagine life without our stubborn, cuddly, determined, smart little boy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAD!!!


4 comments:

*A* said...

How funny!!! We Took Whitney there for her 3rd b-day! Did you go on Tuesday?

Stephanie said...

I can't believe he is 3! It seems like you just had him! I still call Emily my baby and she turned 3 in Oct. its hard to let them grow up!

Jennifer said...

Love the McEwan pirate clan! The pictures are adorable and I can't believe he is 3!

Becky said...

Wow it has been forever since I've seen you. I never check blogs anymore and today I just happened to check and I cannot believe it. When I saw you last Maddox was only a little baby, I'm not sure if he could even crawl yet. Time flies!