


Yesterday Berkley fell off his stool at the counter, and when I went to pick him up, I freaked out. There was a significant amount of blood spilling from his lip. I pulled his lip up to assess the damage, and I am not exaggerating when I say that there was a huge hole that went clear through. Of course I called Mike, hoping he would come home and take Berks to get stitched, because that kind of stuff makes me so sick. He told me I would have to take him myself since he was 40 minutes away. I ran naked Maddox over to my neighbor, Katherine's house, and threw her some clothes for him, and we were off. Coincidentally, Katherine's brother was the doctor on call that day, so that eased my mind a little bit. It took three of us to hold him down, and I wanted to throw up, pass out, and cry, all at the same time. Berkley practically hyperventilated while the doctor gave him the numbing shots, and then we couldn't keep his head still while the doctor was stitching him up. I thought it was never going to end! It was the saddest thing ever, trying to hold my screaming baby down while I watched someone hurt him, and he was sobbing, "Mommy, help me!" over and aver again. It was such a small injury, putting things into perspective, and as I thought about all the parents out there with children going through cancer, and things so much worse, I couldn't stop crying. One of my Dad's best friends has a granddaughter who has a brain tumer, and he sends me updates on her from time to time. I just cried and cried for Mara and her family and couldn't stop, knowing their pain and heartache must be a thousand times worse. Berkley's little injury yesterday made me feel so blessed. It's funny the things Heavenly Father has to let happen in our lives to help us realize how truly blessed we are. I AM SO GRATEFUL!
8 comments:
I just want to hug and smooch that little boy!!! and i LOOOOOOOOOOVE that middle picture! Milkin all the pity outta me!
So sad Berks! I love the last picture where his "baby" has a bandaid in the same place!
Megan, I am so sorry, what a terrifying thing to happen!!! I freak out when something very little happens to my kids. I hope he's doing better. Poor little guy!!!
Poor little guy! I would have FREAKED out. I'm glad all is well! Berkley has a wonderful mom to take care of him while he heals.
Plans are off for tonight?? SAY IT AINT SO!!!
That's rough! What a brave little guys. There's nothing like seeing your little guy with a bad owie!
Meg....sorry about the drama! I felt the EXACT same way when Dallin split his chin open a few years ago. Having to lay across him and restrain him was so horrible! Hope he is feeling better soon! Hang in there!
I'm so sorry you had to go through that, how stressful. I don't think I want to be a mother anymore. . . is that bad? I hope it is healing well.
Post a Comment