Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Annie


My new goal is to blog every other day, so I can someday slurp it all into a book for a journal. So here goes:

I feel like I don't give my oldest the credit she deserves. When we are at the grocery store, Savanna is close by, with the list in hand, while her two younger brothers are running around yelling, tearing stuff off the shelves and throwing stuff into the cart. She will even run across the entire Smiths Marketplace, and carry Maddox back to me kicking and screaming, when I am ready to abandon the cart, and call it a day. Whenever I hear either of the boys cry, and she is at home, I find her holding and loving them, and making sure they are OK. Even her school teachers thank me for her, because she is so kind at school to the kids who don't have friends. I love that she is the justice police, and will stick up for anyone who is being treated wrongly. I love that she will do anything to help out in the house when I am feeling overwhelmed. I love that I can often find her in her room, singing Michael Jackon's Thriller album at the top of her lungs, and that she is an appreciator of all things musical. I love how she always has something nice to say about people, even when they are mean to her. She will always give second chances, and forgives easily. I love that she loves animals, and even wants to protect insects from harm. I love that she loves to nurture kids younger than her, and tries to make them feel special. I love, I love, I love... She is AMAZING and I feel lucky every day that I get to be her mom, and learn from her. I love my little Annie!

4 comments:

Stevie said...

I'm so glad to see you blog again! I have to admit I do get on your blog to see up dates from time to time:) Your kids are SO adorable! I can't believe how fast they grow up! Last time I saw you, you were prego with your second! I also have a blog but it's set to private, here's me email stevie-young@hotmail.com I would love to add you! Take Care, and tell Jenny the next time you talk to her that I say Hi!

*A* said...

What a sweetheart. What a good idea to spotlight your kids. They will love reading what you had to say about them one day. She is so pretty too!

Audie said...

What a sweet little girl! I remember watching her at the reunion thinking she was a little sweetheart. You've done a great job with her!!

Kaylynne said...

I sure love our Savanna too! She is a great exanple of beauty, both inside and out!I remember grandpa asking her if she wanted to stay with us at our house( Lils was at our home,and savanna could help entertain her)! She said yes! Then Berkley started crying! Savanna announced that she could'nt stay because she would miss Berkley too much! I love her compassion for others!