Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Families are Forever




My testimony has been strengthened so much this last week, and I am so grateful that I have the knowledge that families are forever. My sister, Jenny, gave birth prematurely on Monday to beautiful twin boys, Jax Lane and Rook Vernon. They lived for a little more than three hours after they were delivered, giving Jenny's husband, Chris, the opportunity to give them each a name and a blessing. Then Jenny and Chris were able to say emotional hellos and goodbyes to them. I was fortunate enough to be able to fly out to D.C. with my parents and brothers to be with them for a few days, and attend the graveside service for the baby boys. The service was so beautiful, and I learned some things that I hadn't known before. Jen and Chris' bishop is President Faust's son, and told us some things his father had taught him. He taught us that there is a key to the priesthood that has not been restored yet, but when it is restored at the resurrection, Chris will be able to raise Jenny out of her grave, and as she stands beside him, he will be able to raise the baby boys out of their graves, and give them to Jenny to raise. Bishop Faust went on to say that Jenny will be able to raise them, and will not have to worry about any of the things we worry about now, so her experience raising them will be far better than it would have been now on earth. The spirit was so strong throughout the service. My dad was able to dedicate the grave, and Chris' dad gave an emotional talk and testimony. Little Lilly (Jenny and Chris' 2 1/2 year old) let two blue balloons go up into the sky for her baby brothers, Jax and Rook, and I couldn't help but think about how much they would have loved playing with their spunky and fun big sister, and how much she would have loved them. I can't even imagine the pain that Jenny and Chris are going through right now, and I cry every time I think about it, wishing that I could take some of the heartache from them. One thing is for sure, though, and that is I know that someday they will be with them again, and those baby boys will be able to enjoy their amazing mom and dad and sister, and they will all live together forever. I know this is true.

WE LOVE YOU JEN, GUS, AND LILLS! WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU!




13 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad that you were able to be there for Jenny during this difficult time. It is very neat that their bishop is Elder Faust's son. That was very interesting to hear about the priesthood keys that have not yet been restored, but it makes sense. I'd love to get together, I'll call you in the next week or two.
Love ya

Connie said...

Megan, what a sweet blessing of peace the gospel brings. You have not only been blessed with increased faith and testimony that will deepen throughout your life as you teach your children and others, but you have also greatly blessed the lives of Jenny and Gus. Thanks for sharing with us your experiences and the message of the graveside service.
Love ya

Me and Mack said...

I'm so sorry Megan. Glad you were able to spend time with your fam...

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Wow Megan, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. My prayers are with you at this time.

Jaynann said...

Megan, I am in tears. I am so glad you were able to be there for Jenny. I know you were a support to her. That must have been a very emotional experience. I hope her heart is comforted and I will keep praying for her and her family. I'm glad that her bishop gave you some peace. Love you!

Megan said...

I am so touched by this and we will be praying for your sister and her family. Thank you for sharing these thoughts!

Krystal said...

Ah Megan-
Thank you for sharing the words from their bishop. I've been crying for Jenny and I can't wait for the day when all will be restored. I will keep everyone in my prayers.
Love you,
Krystal

Lara said...

Wow. How heartbreaking. I'm so so sorry! Yet I can't imagine any other words being more comforting that those that were said at the burial. What a blessing to know those things - definitely helps to be able to see the bigger picture in hard times like that. I believe our minds can't even comprehend all the blessings and happinesses that are in store for us in the next life if we can bear this one well. Send your sister my love.

Ryan and Hailee said...

wow, I am so sorry Megan. I can't believe what parents have to go through, what a tragic story... but what an amazing experience to hear those words at the funeral, gives you so much comfort.

Shannan said...

The image of the two balloons is so sweet and sobering too. Thanks for sharing the things you learned. Your family is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Dear Megan, I am so sorry for your sister's loss. This entry brought tears to my eyes.I will pray for them. I am so glad we met in Provo. Wish I could see you again. Much love, Beckie

Summer said...

I am glad Jenni and Chris have such great support during this time. What a great family you have.

Jaime Lynne said...

My heart aches for Jenny and her family. They will all be in our prayers tonight!